During an average year, there are between 6,000 and 7,000 motorcycle accidents in Florida. Many of these accidents result in serious injury or death.
Michael L. Morgan Law Group in Sarasota, Florida, is dedicated to helping injured bikers and their families recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, bike damage, pain and suffering, and other losses. Attorney Michael L. Morgan has recovered more than $25 million in verdicts and settlements for his clients.
Many accidents occur due to the negligence of other drivers such as:
- Failure to see a motorcycle in the driver's blind spot
- Trying to share a lane with a motorcyclist
- Passing too closely
- Following a motorcycle too closely
- Turning in front of a motorcyclist
We handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means there is no fee unless we recover money for you. Call (941) 218-8220 to talk to a lawyer today. No hassle, no obligation, and no fee unless we win your case.
What Are the Most Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
Motorcycles are not covered by Florida no-fault laws, so you will need to look to the other driver's insurance company to pay for damages such as medical care and lost wages. Attorney Michael L. Morgan offers a free initial consultation to explain your medical care options and answer your questions.
Injuries suffered by motorcyclists and their passengers are often severe. Here are some common types of injuries resulting from motorcycle crashes:
- Head injuries are common in motorcycle accidents. Any head injury requires immediate medical attention.
- Neck injuries, including whiplash, are also common in motorcycle accidents. A severe neck injury can lead to paralysis or even death.
- Road rash injuries can occur when a rider is thrown off a motorcycle onto the pavement. Road rash can be mild and superficial or more serious when debris becomes imbedded in the skin. In severe cases, nerve damage can result.
- Legs, knees, and feet are vulnerable to injuries from motorcycle accidents. Fractures commonly occur as well as severe bruising.
- Arm injuries occur when bikers land on their arms or instinctively hold their arms out to brace themselves from the impact. Permanent nerve injuries can result.
Schedule a free consultation with our firm today! Call (941) 218-8220 or fill out our online contact form to get started.
Florida Motorcycle Accident Statistics:
- In Florida in 2008, motorcycle accidents accounted for about 8 percent of all traffic fatalities. By 2011, Florida motorcycle accidents accounted for about 17 percent of all traffic accident fatalities. Florida's helmet law was repealed in 2000.
- Florida has the third highest rate of fatal motorcycle accidents in the United States, behind California and Texas.
- Eighty percent of motorcycle accidents result in injury or death to the motorcyclist.
- In 2008, about 41 percent of motorcycle accident fatalities involved the use of alcohol and/or drugs.
- Ninety-seven percent of Florida motorcycle accident fatalities in 2008 were male.
If you're looking for additional information about motorcycle accident claims, check out our latest blog posts on our personal injury blog:
Schedule a free consultation with our motorcycle accident lawyer calling (941) 218-8220 or complete our contact form. Our main office is in downtown Sarasota, at 2364 Fruitville Road, between Lime and Shade avenues.