Sarasota Bicycle & Pedestrian Accidents Attorney
Experienced Litigator Providing Compassionate Representation
Michael L. Morgan Law Group represents bicyclists and pedestrians who have been hit by cars in Sarasota and other communities on the southwestern Florida coast. Our attorney has recovered more than $25 million in verdicts and settlements for his clients.
What to Do If You Are Involved in a Bike or Pedestrian Accident
We know how overwhelming and scary being in an accident can be. Our Sarasota bicycle and pedestrian accident attorney can walk you through every step of your case to ensure that your rights and best interests are protected.
If you have been involved in a bicycle or pedestrian accident, remaining calm and following these simple steps may help:
- Seek immediate medical attention if you or someone else has been injured.
- Request an ambulance take you to the hospital. Do not refuse to accept medical help if there is any question in your mind as to possible injury. You may have up to $10,000 available for immediate and necessary medical treatment through personal injury protection (PIP).
- Make sure to report the accident to the police and have an officer fill out a police report no matter who caused the accident. The vehicle crash report will contain useful information for you and your accident attorney.
- Gather as much information as possible on the driver, including name, address, phone number, license number, type and make of vehicle, and insurance agent, policy, and company. Although much of this information will be taken by the responding police officer and contained in the vehicle crash report, it is still a good idea to gather the information.
- Take photographs of the entire accident scene and your injuries. If there are witnesses to the accident, take down their names and phone numbers. Don't worry about interviewing them; just get their names and contact information and let them know you might contact them later.
- Consult with a lawyer before making any statements and be mindful of what you say. It is highly recommended that you speak to a personal injury attorney before making any statements to any insurance company.
Contact our experienced Sarasota personal injury lawyer at Michael L. Morgan Law Group who will give you advice and help you protect your right to full compensation.