Founding attorney of Michael L. Morgan Law Group, Michael L. Morgan, has over two decades of legal experience. Growing up watching courtroom dramas where strong lawyers would win their cases on clever arguments and clever investigation strategies, Attorney Morgan was drawn to learning more about the law. He became interested in construction and personal injury after moving to Sarasota in 1998. There he began practicing with a large firm that had a worker’s compensation department and large construction law department, giving him the experience he needed in those areas.
He is dedicated to handling cases and clients in a way that makes their lives easier. His goal is to anticipate what their needs are and find alternatives for treatment or pathways to settle cases that are the most beneficial to the client, given their particular needs and circumstances.
Contact the firm today to get started on your case.
Each case receives his attention to detail and concern to make sure everything is accomplished to obtain the best possible result. No matter the severity of your case, you can trust Attorney Morgan to fight tirelessly to protect both your rights and your best interests. He is prepared to go to court to achieve the optimum outcome for your case. He offers personalized representation, one-on-one attention, and unparalleled compassion, experience, and determination. Michael L. Morgan Law Group is a small law firm, which affords us the opportunity to provide one-on-one service, ensuring you won’t get lost in the machinery of larger firms.
Michael L. Morgan grew up in Florida and has lived in New York, Los Angeles, and Florida. He completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Florida and graduated from Southwestern University School of Law in Los Angeles for law school.
He proudly supports the cystic fibrosis foundation and the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art. Michael is also an avid fisherman who enjoys boating and supporting initiatives to clean our waterways and keep Sarasota beautiful.
- Michael L. Morgan, P.A. (April 2005 - Present)
- Attorney and Shareholder: Handles civil litigation, personal injury, and construction law.
- Brown & Morgan, P.A. (May 2004 - April 2005)
- Attorney Partner: Organized partnership for small law practice specializing in complex commercial litigation. Experienced in all types of business litigation.
- Brown Clark DeMay & Froman, P.A. (Sept. 1998 - May 2004)
- Associate Attorney: Involved with a variety of commercial litigation matters, including construction, landlord and/or tenant, and a wide variety of contract disputes.
- Los Angeles City Attorney (1997-1998)
- State of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Panelist: August 16, 2001, Sarasota, FL, FL Building & Construction Seminar
- Lecturer: February 12, 2002, Punta Gorda, Florida, Lorman Educational Services Delay and Disruption Claims in Commercial Construction
- Lecturer: April 23, 2002, Sarasota, Florida, Lorman Educational Services Seminar, Florida Construction Contracting for Public Entities
- Lecturer: August 23, 2004, Miami, Florida, Managing the Risk of Mold Infestation in Building Construction
- 50% of practice devoted to litigation
- Florida, 1998
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. – 1998
- Overall GPA 3.02
- Class Rank: Top 20%
- Honors: Interscholastic Trial Advocacy Program, Board of Governors, 1997-1998
- Honors: Trial Advocacy Team, Member
- Honors: Southern CA Consumer Attorneys Regional Trial Competition, Placed Third
- Honors: Professor Lawrence A. Sullivan, Research Assistant
- Honors: Assisted in Editing Handbook of the Law of Antitrust
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- Bachelor of Science, College of Journalism & Communications, 1995
- Major: Telecommunication
- Major: Journalism
- 1996 Member, Southwestern University Trial Advocacy Team
- 1997-1998 Law Journal
- 1998 Board of Governors, Southwestern University Trial Advocacy Program
Honors & Awards
- CALI Award for Outstanding Achievement in Sports Law
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Florida Bar Association
- Sarasota County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Los Angeles City Attorney, 1997 - 1998
- Brown Clark DeMay & Froman, P.A., Associate Attorney, Sept 1998 - May 2004
- Brown & Morgan, P.A., Attorney Partner, May 2004 - April 2005