We represent bicyclists throughout the state of Florida from Jacksonville to Naples. We are committed to helping injured bicyclists and we have a great deal of experience with bicycle law. Our website contains much helpful information regarding your rights in our legal system. We also offer information about bicycle safety, defective bicycles or components, and unsafe or defective road conditions in our Blog at, www.sarasotainjurylawyersblog.com. If you have been involved in a bicycle accident, remaining calm and following simple steps may help.
Simple But Important Steps to Take Following a Bicycle Crash:
- Seek immediate medical attention if you or someone else has been injured.
- Request an ambulance take you to the hospital. Do not refuse to accept medical help if there is any question in your mind as to possible injury. If you carry insurance with PIP coverage, you have up to $10,000 available for immediate and necessary medical treatment.
- Always make sure to report the accident to the police and have an officer fill out a police report no matter who caused the accident. The Vehicle Crash Report contains useful information for you and your accident attorney.
- Be sure to gather as much information as possible on the other driver, including name, address, phone number, license number, type and make of vehicle, and insurance agent, policy and company. Although much of this information will be taken by the responding Police Officer and contained in the Vehicle Crash Report, it is still a good idea to gather the information.
- Take some photographs with your cell phone camera application of the entire accident scene and your injuries. If there are witnesses to the accident, take down their names and phone numbers. Don’t worry about interviewing them, just get their names and contact information and let them know you might contact them later.
- Consult with a lawyer before making any statements and be mindful of what you say. It is highly recommended that you speak to a Personal Injury Attorney before making any statements to any insurance company.
- Contact an experienced Florida Bicycle Accident Injury Lawyer who will give you advice and help you to protect your rights under Florida law.
- Always remain calm.
Contact one of the experienced bicycle accident attorney’s at Michael L Morgan Law Group and we will immediately take the important steps to protect your rights. Call our office today if you have been involved in a bicycle accident for a no cost meeting with one of our lawyers. As always, there is no fee unless we win your case.